To avoid any down time when transfering your site to , take the following steps:
- Place an order for your virtual server at: http://actionweb.com/services/web_hosting.php
- Your virtual server will be setup the same business day (usually in less than one hour during business hours). A temporary host name will be assigned that allows you to access your virtual server before your domain name is moved over.
- Once you receive your login information from us, upload your web site and login to your account to setup any email addresses that will be required. Use the temporary host name to preview and test the web site on your new virtual server.
- Once you are ready to transfer your domain name to your new virtual server, you will need to update your domain registration to point your domain to the following name servers:
If you would prefer, we can make this change for you if you send us your login name and password for the registrar where you registered your domain. If you do not remember where your domain was registered, or you do not have the login information, let us know and we may be able to help you obtain that information.
- Once your name servers have been updated, it will take another 24-48 hours for the change to propagate worldwide and for your domain to point to your new virtual server. To avoid any down time, be sure to leave your account open with your old provider until there has been enough time for the change to fully propagate.
- Once you have given at least 72 hours for propagation to complete, contact your old provider and request that they cancel your account and delete your domain from their DNS servers. This will ensure that all traffic is routed to your new virtual server.